top of page
  • Writer's pictureCody Sims

Just the Beginning

Hello,


I'm Cody and welcome to my blog! This blog will be dedicated to branding tips, personal development, productivity, and probably a few Kanye-esque rants. I've realized as a new business owner I can no longer work without showcasing what I do (BTW, you should always showcase your work)...


If anything the pandemic has taught me the importance of introspection, being okay with pivoting, and the powerful duo of intuition/execution. Another big epiphany for me was the dire need to get over my perfectionism, which oftentimes was squandering my potential.


This new 2.0 version I've created for myself is no longer satisfied with triple checking if all the "t's" are crossed or all the "i's" are dotted... I've realized you gain momentum the more you try, regardless if you get it right the first time or not. Whoever said "failure is feedback" is 1,000% correct. You can fail forward or you can decide to be complacent, it's your choice.


A few things that have personally helped me get over my own mental roadblocks:

  • Journaling

  • Meditating - 99% of the time if you slow down, you have the answer. The other 1% of the time Google's gotcha covered

  • Accepting my strengths

  • Refining my strengths

  • Doubting my inner critic

  • Watching Cruella that ultimately begged the question, "Who was I before the world told me who to be???"

  • Consistently reading daily affirmations. I thought this was silly until I realized I legit was rewiring my neurological pathways


Anyway, I could go on and on but I have to get back to the entrepreneurial grind (Yes, I quit my "9-5" to work around the clock ⏰ ). I'll leave you with this... If you're thinking about doing something but are hesitant, just go for it! Of course, you will have doubters, skeptics, haters, and/or all of the above. However, you will also have your biggest supporters like your mom and your best friend reading your very first post (HI NEEEEENZZZ). You never know what kind of ripple effect you are potentially creating. Time is limited... go make it happen.


...& that's all I gotta say about that.


Ciao for Now,

CRS






493 views14 comments

Recent Posts

See All

14 Comments


Anthony Riggins
Anthony Riggins
Jul 01, 2022

Dear Cody, I am so happy that you are a part of a new work family with me and the team. I now understand my kindred spirit attraction to you as a person and very good marketing professional. You are a respected member of my team and we are so happy you accepted my job offer! I also knew there was more to your story without knowing there was a back story until reading your article today. The pain of verbal abuse and degrading someone who earned her spot on the team is so inexcusable. It is a pain and burden that I hope gets better as time goes but knowing this brutal experience will always be with you. To…

Like
Cody Sims
Cody Sims
Jul 03, 2022
Replying to

Anthony, thank you so much for this encouraging message. While not easy to share, I know it's necessary. Being around your positive energy has already helped me tremendously. I look forward for what's to come. Best, Cody Rae

Like

ovann
Feb 05, 2022

I am AMAZED , Cody Rae Sims! Bravo, on launching your blog! It is full of wisdom for anyone who reads it. You help us to dig deeper into ourselves, to bring forth our True Selves ... Bravo, beautiful woman! So proud of you!

~ Olivia

Like
Cody Sims
Cody Sims
Feb 08, 2022
Replying to

Thank you, Olivia! So grateful for families like yours who have really shaped who I am ❤️

Like

Millicent Hunter
Millicent Hunter
Feb 05, 2022

Cody I’m truly inspired and from one A+ person to another, slowing down and smelling the roses is the way to go to preserve yourself mentally, physically and spiritually, Much Love, Auntie M

Like
Cody Sims
Cody Sims
Feb 08, 2022
Replying to

Thank you so much Auntie Millie. This means a lot coming from you!! Love, Cody

Like

barbarajeanmh
Feb 04, 2022

So proud of you Cody!

Like
Cody Sims
Cody Sims
Feb 08, 2022
Replying to

❤️

Like

lovedbeautifully
Feb 04, 2022

Yaaassss Sis!! This is amazing and so good!!! Love this and you. 👏🏽❤️

Like
Cody Sims
Cody Sims
Feb 08, 2022
Replying to

Thank u! Love u!

Like
Post: Blog2_Post
bottom of page